Friday 25 October 2019



INTERESTING FACTS:  Part One


A safety gadget that keeps crooks away



I am eighty-six years old with only 27 percent of my heart functioning so it follows that I am very weak. If I fall down, I can’t get up. My greatest fear was that when I drove my electric scooter on the sidewalk to go to the mall that is only a kilometre away, I might have been attacked by a crook.  I don’t have that fear any longer.



I carry on my belt a small pear-shaped gadget that will cause crooks to run away. I will give you an example.



It was just a normal day at the grocery store for Ruth Miller, a 63- year- old woman from Stouffville, Ontario She said, “Suddenly everything went horribly wrong.”

She had just left the store carrying her grocery bags, and was walking to her car when the unthinkable happened.

"I wasn't parked too far away. It was about a 60 second walk or so to my car from the store," she remembers, "and I kind of had that feeling I was being watched."
                                             

As she was unlocking her car, a man quickly came up behind her and tried to grab her.

He told me 'don't fight, give me your wallet!' as he tried to wrestle my purse away. I was in shock. Luckily for me I remembered I had my Safe Personal Alarm on my purse, and since I was too scared to scream for help, I quickly reached for the alarm and pulled the pin."

"Immediately my Safe Personal Alarm started just screaming. I mean it was REALLY SCREAMING. He didn't know what to do! The man froze for a second, then ran away like a bat out of hell! People heard the alarm and started yelling and running over to help. They said it was the Safe Personal Alarm that got their attention."

While Ruth was lucky enough to be carrying a Safe Personal alarm, allowing her to escape her attacker unscathed however, others weren't so lucky since they didn’t have such an alarm with them. In one month alone, police have reported a dramatic increase in attacks targeting seniors, with many suffering serious injuries and financial loss.

This trend of targeting seniors is deeply disturbing, but it's a harsh reality we have to deal with. It is absolutely imperative that elderly residents stay on high alert and protect themselves by carrying a personal alarm. In fact, everyone should carry this kind of alarm. Everyone includes, women, girls, men and boys alike. My wife has one of these pocket alarms with her when she leaves the house.

After her attack, Ruth bought the Safe Personal Alarm for her sisters, daughters, grandchildren and all of her friends. People often attach it to purses, keys and backpacks. It is on my belt.

If I feel a  heart attack coming when I am in the public, I will set off the alarm. If I am elsewhere and  alone and fall to the ground, I will set off the alarm.


It’s also so simple to use. Instead of having a button that could easily be pressed by accident, the SafeSound device utilizes a pull-pin. Once pulled, the device emits its ear-piercing sound for up to 30 continuous minutes, or until the pin is replaced by pushing it back into place.

For those of you who don’t know how loud this thing is. Here are some references to compare the gadget with them.

A live rock music show is roughly 110 decibels. A chain saw or a thunderclap are about 120 decibels. A military jet aircraft take-off from aircraft carrier (50 feet away) is 130 decibels.
150 decibels will rupture one's eardrums.

No  batteries are  needed. It can be reused over and over, and it easily attaches to purses, keys, and backpacks. It’s also small enough to fit in your pocket.



It  cost only $39.95 to for two of these devices.


No comments: