Monday 4 November 2019


HALLOWEEN: Will it be something of the past?


If you click your mouse on the underlined words. you will get more information.


Halloween is the night where the line between the dead and the living become blurred. The history behind Halloween says that the idea of wearing costumes and doing more of the modern activities came about in the twentieth century. The use of pumpkins were later carved into jack-O-lanterns.  Our home has a  plastic jack-O-lantern that glows hen a light is placed inside of it. it informs the children passing by that we have treats fur them.\


 Speaking of treats, let me give you some good advice.  Only give the children treats that were enclosed in paper when you purchased them. As a parent, only let your children eat treats that  were wrapped in paper.


Sometimes people are just perverse assholes and the put needles inside of candy. You can't even feel safe giving your children the candy to eat which is one of the simple joys in life.



According to the Sun Journal, an Auburn, Maine, man found a sewing needle in a fun size Snickers bar that one of his kids received this weekend. Jason Levesque said that outside of urban legends, he'd never thought this had actually happened.



There is some candy out there that looks like the Blue Sky meth the mighty Heisenberg sold in Breaking Bad, but that's not what this 8-year-old girl found in her bag of Halloween candy. According to the Contra Costa Times, a bag of 0.1 grams of crystal meth was found in the bag of the young girl, who lives in Hercules, California.




There were a couple instances of razor blades found inside candy this Halloween. According to Press of Atlantic City, a blade was found inside a Tootsie Roll in New Jersey. According to MyFox8, there was a separate incident in North Carolina where a razor was found inside a Twix bar.



In Buffalo, NY, police received a complaint of glass found inside a Tootsie Pop. Buffalo News said that a woman found the glass while celebrating Beggar's Night with her children. Apparently Beggar's Night is some kind of East Coast thing, which is the same as trick or treating.


In Spokane, Washington, a woman found several metal objects inside the candy her children picked up this Halloween. Her son and a friend were munching on the candy and the friend bit into a nail. The nail poked his gums, but didn't cause major harm. As they searched through the rest of the candy, several pieces had nails, staples and watch parts were inside.



It’a s unfortunates that there are weirdos in our communities who do these horrible things to our children, It doesn’t happen that often fortunately. Generally it is difficult to know who did these terrible things. If caught, they should be severely punished.



A  7-year-old girl was shot in the neck while trick-or-treating with her family on Chicago’s West Side on Hallowween evening, leaving her in critical condition. The shooting, which happened around 5:30 p.m. Chicago time in the Little Village neighbourhood, occurred when at least one person in a group of men opened fire on a 31-year-old man, according to the Chicago Police Department.

I would like to say that this kind of event on Halloween is rare but unfortunately.  Shootings on streets are not rare.





Halloween can be a lot of fun for the whole family, but it is also a time for parents to be extra cautious. Beyond the spooky costumes, a couple of factors make Halloween scary considering the number of kids walking on the streets and crossing hem.


Twice as many kids are hit by cars on Halloween than on an average day. Dr. Karen Latimer recommends using reflective tape on costumes to make sure drivers can see your kids, even on a dark night. Also, make sure your kids can see out of their Halloween costumes, and also give them a flashlight to carry around with them. Make sure that your children can see wee they are walking.


In the past few years, Halloween has become less about candy and jack-o'-lanterns and more about the accompanying controversy. Either the latest "sexy" costume  or something more serious.


Four years ago, the student body at Yale University harassed a professor for suggesting that the university ought not to police its students' costumes. Since then, the perils of Halloween politics have reverberated through academia.


Now at an elementary school in a Chicago suburb, the fear of running afoul of some group has caused leadership to cancel Halloween celebrations altogether.


While most of us recognize that Halloween is a fun tradition for many families, it is not a holiday that is celebrated by all members of our community and for various reasons. I suggest tat if you don’t want children showing up at your door on Halloween. then turn off the lights in the room facing the street and don’t answer your door bell.  The children will simply walk past your house.


If it looks like it is going to rain on Halloween, don\t buy the treats because it is highly unlikely that the kids will be trick and treating that night. On Halloween of 2019, it rained all night and no one came to our door like they usually did on Halloween in previous years.


Storms and bitter cold forced millions of kids in the Eastern half of the United States to alter or even cancel their Halloween plans on the night of 2019.


And now I will tell you a funny story about what happened to me when I was fourteen years of age.  I was living with an old couple in Nelson, British Columbia. The old man said to me.  “Do you want to pull a gag on your school chums at the big Halloween  party down the road?” He knew that I was a prankster.


I was all for it. His wife dressed me up as a girl. She put lipstick on my lips, rouge on my face and put one of her wigs on my head. 


While I was at the party, no one at the party recognized me as to whom I really was.  One of the boys asked out loud, “Where  is Danny?”


Two days later I when I was at school, one of my friends said to me.   “To bad you weren’t at the party on Halloween  night.”


When I asked why, he replied, “The ugliest  girl I ever saw showed up.”


“Who was she?” I asked.


He replied. “Don’t know. No one even wanted to ask her. Her face haunted me.”



I am known to keep a poker face when I have a good hand at poker.  I then said to my friend, “Well I won’t have that ugly face to haunt me.”



I am not really ugly but that night I screwed up my face like I was sucking on a lemon so that no-one would recognize me. 

No comments: