Monday 3 December 2012





Rip-Offs (part 1)

The white background behind some of the text is merely an anomaly in the printing. 

I don’t think a day goes by when we don’t see a TV commercial selling products for as little as $14.95 or $19.99. And if the products are as good as they say they are, then obviously your money (if you buy the product) is well worth the money. However, there are two major problems you will face when you buy these products from the firms who advertised the product you want to buy. The first is the length of time when you finally receive it. Sometimes people wait for months before the product arrives even though the advertisement states that it will be in your hands within a week or ten days.  The second problem is what you really pay for the shipping and handling (S&H)

There are hundreds of scams shown on the television each day. In reality, most of the commercials shown on TV that aren't advertisements for foods, vehicles, or TV shows are generally scams. There are no miracle weight loss pills, stretch mark destroyers, get rich quick plans, real and quick degree programs or medical cures that fraudulent companies claim. Consumers have to be extremely careful when trying out free trials or any other time they are giving their credit card info out for something that sounds and looks like it is too good to be true. .

There have been many products that I wanted to order after watching their commercials but I wisely checked in Google to see if there were many complaints about the products. I am certainly glad I did that. Here are some of the products that looked real good in the commercials but from what I learned about the people who operate the businesses that sell these problems, I saved myself a lot of money and grief by not falling for their scams. The irony is there are similar products on sale in regular stores so it is better to deal directly with stores in which you get your product right away and you are not scammed out of your money for outrageous shipping and handling charges.

 Aqua Rug

The rug is a non-slip rug that is placed in bathtubs and showers. The firm’s ad says in part; “Buy 1 Aqua Rug for only $19.99 plus $7.99 S&H, and get a second Aqua Rug absolutely FREE. No additional S&H on the second item! Allow 7-10 business days for delivery.”
]
Here are some of the complaints that have been filed in the Internet about the sale of this rug.

It is 171/2 by 29 1/2 or something. Aqua Rug looks large enough. They have a sale for buy one get one free. Problem is the “handling and shipping” for the rug is almost as much as the cost of the two aqua rugs. I wanted two for my Mother and two for us. At $19.99 for each of us it should have cost $40 bucks plus a few for S&H. The total came to $78. bucks. Not going for it.

I have placed orders twice for Aqua Rug. It always says “in process” when I check the status, but that went on for months. The phone number given is answered by a machine (female voice) [with] no mention of Aqua Rug.

I ordered 2 Aqua Rugs from the TV commercials. They were supposed to ship promptly as of today May 2, 2012, I still have not received the product even though they billed my credit card immediately upon the order. I email them and get no response.  There are no [phone] numbers to call them.

I ordered the bath mats in March and still no rugs! Now it seems you can’t even order from their website! TOTAL AND COMPLETE SCAM! Tell your friends and neighbors! Oh, and my $19.99 mat turned into a $100 order. I can’t believe this still happens in America!

I ordered 2 of these Aqua Rug back in March 2012. I received an email with my order and amount on it. A month passed, no rugs. I received another email telling me the rugs were “back-ordered” and would be shipped when they got them in. Obviously, they never got them in. It is almost July and I still don’t have my rugs and they have not replied to me at all since April. I think this was a SCAM and the advertisement was BOGUS.

I ordered 3 Aqua Rug mats on 2/09/12 and have yet to get them. I had 2 back to back calls to verify my order. They wanted to know my address, etc. I said no, you tell me what YOU have on record and I will verify. They claimed it was policy to verify, I said no, you have my info-just ship the product I requested. Then another call, right after that to verify my address. Just send me the rugs. What kind of business are you running?

I was so disappointed in this rug. I had waited and finally got it the other day to find that it was damp and smelled horrible. It had a very musty mildew smell. I tried to air it outside and it still smelled. I could not use it so return it goes.

Found out they have a Facebook. Contacting them on there, posting on their Facebook wall or creating an Aqua Rug consumer reviews page or group may be a good way to get their attention. Apparently this has happened to others. I am so disappointed. I really wanted this product. Glad I Googled before I bought.

Always check ahead of time as to what the shipping and handling charges are going to be.

Cash 4 Gold

This company will pay customers for the gold that they send in by mail. However, the company uses some very shady practices and may even scam some customers outright. Cash 4 Gold pays customers who send in their gold items a fraction of the value of the items. There have been repeated reports of the company flat out denying refunds and failing to return items. Also, the company has allegedly lost plenty of orders sent to them in order to keep customer's gold items and not have to pay them.

Here are some of the complaints I found about this scam on the Internet.

I sent a lot of jewelry in, and they kept telling me that it was lost in the mail, and they sent me a check for one hundred dollars, that was the insurance for gold watches, a 24 karat bracelet, three 14-karat necklaces, three diamond pins, etc. I can't remember everything. It's been a while. I've just seen the ad back on TV. I should have known that it was a rip off. My husband died a few months before I sent the jewelry in, and I needed the money.

I called them. They sent me a packet; I sent [them] real gold and silver. I got a letter back saying it had no value and I should pay them $16. o have them mail it back to me. I didn't have the money, so they got to keep all my chains, silver ring, gold wedding band, and a pin.

My son (a minor) took my wife's and my wedding ring and sent them to Cash4Gold. I called Cash4Gold and told them what happened and told them I want the rings back. They told me that they have the rings, but because of the minor who sent it in, they have to report to the police and will contact me. I told them it's fine, and I want my stuff back. I waited a couple of days and they never called back. I called Cash4Gold and they told me that the rings were given to the police because of the minor and the police will contact me. I waited, but I didn’t receive a call from the police. I called back Cash4Gold asking for the police contact and case number so I can contact the Police Department myself. They say they will contact me with the information. I waited, but no call. I call them back and now they told me their paperwork got mixed up and the rings were already melted. Now there's no way I'm going to believe what they say, but I don't know what to do. After complaining with Cash4Gold, they want to settle with me the amount of $250. The rings are worth thousands of dollars. I don't have money to sue. They say that's the highest they can settle with me. I don't want to settle.

Sent jewelry February 18. Received a response on February 25, jewelry processed and check to follow. No check. I finally contacted last April 12, spoke with a Petra. Was told, check for $311.53. Would cancel check and reissue. Later the same day left a message stating that this had been referred to the accounting department. Check would be sent UPS. Called 4/6, spoke with Shakira, read notes sending out today. Request tracking number. I was told to call back 1pm PSDT. Called 12:42 PM and spoke with Alex. there was no tracking number. He was to work until 6 PM and would call back with the number. No call back. Received another email stating. Jewelry evaluated, a check has been mailed. I responded to that email and questions@Cash4Gold explaining, if I did receive the check, I would report to BBB and possibly the media. Received an email from Scott H, Escalations Manager, [who said that]  the a replacement check was issued April 12. The email is generated to advise the check is on the way. He gave the date April 16 when the check was sent via UPS and the tracking number. After checking the tracking, I still will not get the check until the end of the week, April 23. I emailed in return that this should have been expedited based on the initial date received in February. In response to this Scott tells me that is how the check can be tracked. It can be tracked in delivery less than three days with another delivery company. I have learned my lesson. I thought about getting my jewelry back. I don't think I would get it back. Now my concern, is the check going to go through? The advertisement is not true. Looking at other complaints, which I should have done first, they should not be in business.

I sent Cash4Gold my gold 1 ring with diamonds, 9 necklaces, 2 charms. I called them every week after the 10-day waiting period. They kept on telling me that it has not come in yet so now I have no gold and no cash. My child went without a Christmas because they said they never received the package.

If you are sending jewelry by mail, make sure the mail is registered.

Sent them a gold watch to estimate value. Did not hear from them, so when I called them and asked about it, they said there were no precious metals in it. So I asked them to return it back to me. They said they would. Never received it. When I called back, they said they didn't have it anymore, [as] it's been confiscated. Did not send my watch back and did not compensate me for the watch either. They're thieves.

I, too, got ripped off by Cash4Gold. I sent them two gold rings, a watch, two bracelets and a necklace and only got $35.00 back. I sent the very same identical items to ThingsWeBuy.com and got $135.00 back. We certainly know who the thieves are.

I sent my jewelry. Luckily, I used UPS and was able to track my package and they could not say they didn't receive it. I argued with several people before they would agree that they had my package. Then, I refused to accept [their promise] that they would call me about my jewelry. I insisted they transfer me to who had my jewelry. She was able to describe my things. I demanded that they send my things back. She gave me a quote of $80 much less than all of my things are worth. She said some of my jewelry was 12 karat and some were gold-filled. No it is not. She is sending my things back [by] UPS and I made her give me a tracking number. If anyone else wants their jewelry back, I suggest you keep calling. I called every five minutes until I was satisfied. Don't let them tell you lies and say they will get back to you. Keep calling and say you will sue them. They have your things even if they say they haven't received them. Be persistent. I hope they get shut down soon.

I sent in 2 10k gold figero chains that i weighed and calculated the market value myself which came between $216.19 and $228.00. I asked for an appraisal for the items when they got there. They never called to give me an appraisal, they just sent me a check for $17.30. The paystub says 1 10k and 1 sterling. That’s probably because white gold looks like silver. [It] shows they didn’t appraise it. I want my jewelry back or full value!  I have gotten ripped-off for money and jewelry.

[I] sent in some gold items to receive cash for. I received a check and when I went to cash the check the bank wouldn't process the check for not having funds to process the check. I called them and of course they told me the check was good and to go to Walmart and cash it. I somehow don't think Walmart will cash it either this check either. I think I have just been ripped off. I will try to get my stuff back, but I think it will be hopeless, but I will try nevertheless. Embarrassment at the bank for not cashing the check. Cash4Gold has ripped me off for sending in gold items and returning a worthless check and deceiving the public and [it] should be shut down. I have little hope of getting my things back.

If you want to sell your jewelry, I suggest you go to a local seller and buyer of jewelry.









No comments: